- Customer Service: 209-883-8222
- My Electric Account
Solar Energy is a clean and renewable source of energy that can allow you to generate power right from your own home. At TID, we want to provide our customers interested in solar as an energy option, quality resources to assist them in making the best decision for their household.
- Is Solar Right for You? Click Here to Find Out
- Click Here for TID's Electric Rates
- Click Here for TID's Solar Video
In response to Senate Bill 1 (SB1), TID launched our first Solar Rebate Program in April 2006. SB1 required Publicly Owned Utilities like TID to make these rebates available for at least 10 years. This rebate program has now come to an end. If you are a customer or vendor that has signed a contract for installation of a system and have not submitted your rebate application, please call the TID Consumer Programs Specialist at 209-883-8254.
Although TID is no longer offering a rebate, customers can still install solar. To apply for interconnection, the following documents will need to be submitted: Application for Interconnection (found below), Single Line Diagram and Specification Sheets for Inverters and Panels.
- How Solar Power Works
- The History of Solar Energy
- Solar Energy and Fire Safety
- The Basics of PV Energy
- Solar Voltaic Cells Explained
- How Does Solar Power Work and How Do We Use It?